Custom Wire Forms
At Alabama Wire, Inc., we are a leading supplier of cold-drawn wire and wireformed products. Using conventional and computer numerical control (CNC) methods, we fabricate custom wireforms from an extensive selection of materials and in a variety of wire diameters and lengths.
Our clientele comes from a diverse set of industries and ranges from small and medium-sized operations to Fortune 500 companies.
Equipped with more than 30 years of experience in the industry and a modern, 50,000-square-foot facility, our team has the knowledge and tools necessary to fulfill your wireform request at competitive prices, including rapid prototyping to large production runs.
Our Wire and Wireformed Products
We offer fabrication capabilities for a variety of cold-drawn wire and wireformed products, such as:
- Component Parts
- Fabricated wire products
- Custom wireforms
For these products, we provide the broadest range of options for wire diameters and lengths in the industry, as well as numerous material choices. Some of the materials we use include:
- Low carbon steel (bright basic). For low carbon steel wire, we offer C1008, C1018, and black annealed grades. We can also provide other grades upon customer request. These materials are available in regular mill or plated finishes.
- Low carbon galvanized steel. We offer low carbon galvanized steel wire in soft, medium, and hard temper, and with commercial and class coating thicknesses. Class galvanized thicknesses include Class 1, Class 3/A, Class 4, Class B, Class 5, and Class C.
- High carbon spring temper steel. We have many grades available, including hard drawn class I or II temper, oil tempered class I or II temper, galvanized and non-galvanized music wire, and many others.
- Alloyed spring temper grades. We offer spring steel wires from chromium-vanadium and chromium-silicon steel alloys.
- Stainless steel. We supply stainless steel wire in matte/satin and bright finishes. The standard grades we use are Type 302 for spring temper and Type 304 for forming temper. We can also provide wires in other stainless steel grades upon request.
- Non-ferrous metals. Some of the non-ferrous metals we use are aluminum alloys, copper, and nickel alloys.
For additional information on the wire materials we handle, view our line card.
Our Wireforming Capabilities
We employ both conventional and CNC wireforming techniques to produce custom wireformed products. Our CNC wireforming capabilities allow us to form accurate and economical 2D and 3D shapes. The CNC machines take the round wire from a master coil, straighten it, and cut it to the specified length. The wire is then shaped into the desired form using standard tooling powered by high-speed servomotors.
Compared to alternative wireforming methods, CNC wireforming offers many advantages, such as:
- Lower tooling and setup costs (no custom tooling required)
- Shorter lead times for all production runs due to the use of standardized tooling
- More accurate, consistent, and efficient operations
In addition to CNC wireforming, we provide other fabrication services to improve the features and/or functionality of the end product, including:
- Secondary operations: piercing, swaging, tapping, and threading
- Electric resistance welding (ERW): butt-welding and spot-welding
- Finishing operations: coating, painting, and plating (such as zinc electroplating, hot-dip galvanizing, chrome plating, black oxide, and powder coating)
Altogether, our CNC wireforming and other fabrication capabilities produce cold-drawn wire products that feature:
- Cost-efficient functionality
- Dimensional consistency
- Superior surface finishes
- Lower material waste
Wire Solutions From Alabama Wire
At Alabama Wire, we have earned a stellar reputation as a leading supplier of cold-drawn wire products by consistently meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations. By partnering with us for their wire needs, our customers benefit from:
- Quality products
- Superior services
- Competitive prices
- Fast turnaround on quotations (approx. two hours for standard products, more for custom requests)
- Short production lead times
Additionally, we follow customers’ shipping specifications to ensure that (a) their products are not damaged in transit, and (b) the packages can be handled efficiently at the customers’ site. We have the expertise and experience to meet any and all requirements of small, medium, or large businesses.
Contact us today to learn more about our custom wireforming capabilities or to request a quote.